Why should I become a member of LGBTQ Notary Association?
*** Looking for the Intake form? Click Here, or scroll to the bottom of this article ***
Although this is the LGBTQ Notary Association, we welcome our heterosexual and cisgender allies to join! Our goal is to be as inclusive as possible, so that we can bring together all of the people who are LGBTQ friendly to one place, no matter who you love, how you identify, and or how, or where you were born.
When you join the LGBTQ Notary Association and have your name listed in our directory, you're making a pledge to serve and uplift a marginalized community. This is not a commercial endeavor, but a mission of community service. The membership fee of $6.71 per month is a contribution towards sustaining this cause, not a transaction for personal gain. The statistical representation of about 7.2% of U.S. adults identifying as LGBTQ, and an estimated 3% to 9% of the global population doing so, provides a perspective on the volume of inquiries you might receive through our directory. Our association is built on the ethos of service, community support, and fostering a warm, inclusive environment for all individuals, irrespective of their sexual orientation or gender identity. Your membership symbolizes a meaningful commitment to this cause.
The true essence of becoming a member lies in the opportunity to contribute to a community that has long endured hostility and discrimination. It's about providing an invaluable service to those who have often been marginalized and overlooked. Your participation should be driven by a genuine passion for supporting the LGBTQ community and a deep desire to make a positive impact. If your primary motivation is to serve and make a difference, you've come to the right place.
The tangible benefit we offer is a business listing in our directory, which serves as a signal to clients who prefer to work with an LGBTQ-friendly Notary. This listing is also beneficial for SEO purposes, providing a backlink to your website if you have one. Additionally, you will receive a special membership badge for your website and social media, showcasing your support for the LGBTQ community. Beyond this, the satisfaction derived from being of service to this community should be the primary motivation behind your decision to join.
In order to become a member, you must meet the following criteria:
- You must be a notary.
- You must agree to the Notaries LGBTQ Code Of Conduct.
- You must be able to speak English (Although if you speak multiple languages, that is always a plus!).
- You must be located in any of the 50 United States, Washington DC, or any U.S.A Territory.
- You absolutely MUST be an ally of the ENTIRE Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual, Intersex, Non-Binary, and Transgender community, without compromise. Honestly, I would expect ANY public official to fit this criteria, and not hold any hate in their heart for the people they serve because when you become a public official, you take an oath to serve all people equally, however sometimes it just needs to be said. If you have questions about this bullet point, please refer to the article above.
- Cost of membership is only $6.71 per month, which contributes to paying monthly fees to keep this project alive, and adds to our fund for creating programs and Scholarships for LGBTQ people in need.
How is this $6.71 Monthly Fee money spent?
- $1.00 will be set aside in order to pay Monthly Web Hosting Fees.
- $1.00 will be set aside in order to pay Monthly Software Licensing Fees for the application framework that runs this website.
- $1.00 will be set aside in order to create a fund that is used to create Programs and Scholarships for LGBTQ people of all ages in need.
- $1.00 will be set aside in order to eventually hire an assistant to help maintain this website, answer phones, & online communications.
- $1.00 will be set aside in order to host Special Events & Fund Raisers to further our project, and add to our funds so we can become more visible, grow quicker, and help more people!
- $1.00 will be set aside in order to eventually cover the fees to turn this project into a full fledge 501(c)(3) Non Profit Organization, which means we would eventually be able to receive government grants to add to our funds.
- $0.71 is used to cover the PayPal fee for each payment transaction.
It is our goal to eventually have enough funds to to pay you (the notaries) full price to perform notarizations with Non-Profit funds in order to provide free notarizations to our LGBTQ Clientelle, but in order to get the ball rolling, we have to start by charging this monthly fee.
Some of you may be asking yourselves "What are the benefits of becoming a member of the LGBTQ Notary Association? AND what are the perks?" If being of service to our community and making a difference isn't enough, what we can provide is a membership with a business listing advertising that you are available as a Notary for clients who want to work with an LGBTQ friendly Notary. There is a benefit and perk to being listed, it's very good for S.E.O. purposes, as this will add a backlink for your website (if you have one) and this will help you increase your ranking in search engines, as well you will have access to a very special membership badge that you can place on your website, social media, etc.
Thank you very much for your time and consideration, have a wonderful day!
XOXO ~ Zara Shea